Friday, February 17, 2006

Just an idea : electricity-generating gym

I've been going to the gym lately but hey that's not what I'm gonna talk about. I've just thinking.. won't it be cool if we could have gym equipments that could turn our running, cycling, pulling etc into electricity..? I mean, our body fat is potential energy. Isn't it kinda strange that we are using electricity (that's energy) to help us burn our body fat (another energy). I think it'll be great if we could exercise and our motion could be used to turn turbine or something to generate electricity.

So lately I've been observing my gym.. and I found that the treadmills have no cables to them..? Man.. how do these treadmills get powered up? I was think maybe its batteries but that's kinda impossible I haven't asked the gym people, though.. but hopefully some day I will. Another devices are the bicycles.. they won't turn on unless you pedal for a while and as soon as you stop pedalling they get turned off almost immediately. Maybe these bicycles use our motion energy to power up? But I think the nicest of all is this rowing device where you sit and pull the handle. Your pulling motion will then be used to move the fan in front of you. So you could keep cool whie exercising.

I think this electricity-generating-gym idea is pretty simple and I'm sure I'm not the first person to come up with it. I'm just wondering why this idea is not implemented yet. It'll be interesting to find out, yeah..?

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve Portigal said...

I'm pretty sure Wired showed this in their postcards-from-the-future about a year ago (or whateve they call that last page in the magazine where they have a concept designed in some futuristic but familiar context).

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home